You acknowledge and agree that we may collect information about you. This may be:
• provided voluntarily by you;
• obtained or derived from website usage information (whether through tracking your click behaviour or otherwise);
• obtained or derived from aggregated data not relating to you personally, such as the measuring of traffic to finda websites; and/or
• provided by third parties.
You may decide whether to provide any information we seek from you. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide services to you.
Use and sharing of information
We collect and use your information to:
• generally manage our business;
• provide you with, and improve, our products and services;
• inform you of our products and services, including any changes or improvements thereof;
• administer our contests, promotions, surveys and other services;
• obtain your feedback or views about our products and services;
• respond to any queries, feedback or other correspondence from you;
• gain an understanding of your needs;
• prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, any finda website, product or service; and/or
• maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
finda may hold the information and share it with its related companies, officers, employees, contractors, partners, joint ventures, agents and customers, and with any third party, in relation to the purposes described above and so as to provide information to others.
Holding and correcting personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold, where such information can readily be retrieved. finda reserves the right to require payment of its reasonable costs in relation to the access to and correction of certain information.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we may have to verify your identity before we can give you access to, or change, information about you.
You may manually change certain information about you or your business (including how that information is presented on the Menus website) through your account on www.menus.co.nz.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites. Please note that these websites may have different security and privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any information that you divulge to these websites and how the websites or the organisations that own and manage the websites collect, use or disclose your personal information or that of any person you provide on such websites.
To assist us in providing the best possible results on our websites, we may gather information about how people use the websites using online “cookies”. A cookie is a message given to an internet browser by a web server. The browser stores the message in a text file. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. It identifies your computer as a unique computer but in no way identifies you nor harms your computer.
finda websites use one type of cookie for reporting on the use of the website, and another type of cookie to provide you with key website functionality, such as retaining search queries. Cookies will be sent to your computer the first time you visit a finda website. You can choose to disable all cookies by managing your browser preferences. For most browsers this can be done via "Options" or "Preferences" under one of your browser menus.
The information collected by cookies is on an entirely confidential basis, and includes details such as:
• how many computers connect to the website;
• which pages are viewed; and/or
• which internet browsers people use when visiting.
The information collected by cookies will:
• display content more relevant to you; and/or
• enable you to use more advanced features on our websites.
Serving online advertisements
We may use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our website. This company may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this website, our third-party advertiser may place or recognise a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please visit http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy.
Nielsen//NetRatings – NZ internet statistics
Although we use safeguards to protect your personal information against theft, loss or unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or disposal, as no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit or receive through our websites. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy, by adding, changing or removing content, at any time. Any change applies from the time it is published on our website at www.finda.co.nz.
If you have any questions about the privacy of your personal information please contact us.